DOOR-VA-DOOR TRUCKING, LLC
Last updated: February 26, 2023
Table of Contents
- The Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- Disclosure of Your Personal Information
- Data Security & Retention
- Privacy Protection for Children
- Third Party Websites and Services
Our Commitment to Our Customers: We are committed to providing you with exceptional customer service, which we recognize is built on trust. In our effort to provide you the best possible customer experience we collect and use some personal information about you.
We use your personal information to provide our Services in alignment with your preferences, to process your requests and orders, to contact you regarding products and services which may be of interest to you, and to carry out relevant administrative services.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
- Categories of Personal Information
Currently, we may collect the following types of Personal Information about users of our online and offline Services:
- Purchase and Order Information. When you make orders and purchase services from us, we collect information related to your orders, preferences, purchase history, service history, and any contracts we may have with you, and your contact information to process and complete the order. This may include your child’s names, ages, and camp registration information.
- Identifying and contact details. Name, user/account name and passwords, signature, postal address, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, internet protocol addresses (“IP addresses”), email addresses, telephone number.
- Financial and payment information. In order to process payments or refunds for the Services we will collect and store certain financial and payment information, such as credit card and billing address, and utilize third-parties to process payments and credit applications. Our payment card processors (such as WooCommerce, Stripe, and Google Pay) store the credit card information. They conduct the credit card transactions using industry standard security controls. We only store a record that the transaction took place and the amount you paid in connection with your account information.
- Demographic information. If you create an account with us or choose to provide information through promotions or other methods, we may request that you provide demographic information. For example, we may request your age, birth date, gender and zip code.
- Communications. When you communicate with us — for example, by emailing us, calling our office, or participating in a contest, survey, or sweepstakes offering – we may record and store the information you provide.
- Internet activity. We collect information about how you interact with our websites and advertisements.
- Social Media Information. We may collect information you post on our social media pages, including publicly available social media profile information related to your posts.
- Photographs and images. We may take photos of your luggage, your property, and the designated location and drop-off locations for your luggage to document the services and status of an order, to help us manage your order, or to help resolve a dispute regarding an order.
- Physical location. When you use our websites or mobile services, we may use and store GPS and cell tower information relating to your mobile device, in combination with other location-based information such as your IP address, your billing postal code provided by your carrier, or your registration location, to provide enhanced location-based services, including delivery of Services to your current location, and to serve location-targeted advertising, search results, and other content.
- Cookies and similar technologies:
- Cookies. Whether cookies are placed on your computer or mobile device is something you can control. Virtually all web browsers allow you to run a scan to see the cookies that are in use, along with the ability to clear them individually or clear all of them. Please review the privacy settings on your computer, mobile device, and web browsers to limit or block location tracking, cookies, and other similar online tracking technologies. To find out more about how to do this go to www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
- What are Cookies? Cookies are small files that are stored on your computer or other device when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to “remember” you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a “session cookie”) or for multiple repeat visits (using a “persistent cookie”). They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors, and perform essential functions such as allowing users to register and remain logged in. Cookies may be set by the site that you are visiting (known as “first party cookies”), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website (“third party cookies”). We may allow third parties to place their own cookies or similar technologies within your browser in order to serve you relevant advertising online, help us measure traffic and effectiveness, provide you with access to social media networks, functionality and services, and to allow us to conduct surveys and research in which you agree to participate.
- What are Web Beacons? Web beacons (sometimes called transparent GIFs, clear GIFs, or web bugs) are small strings of code that provide a way for us to deliver a small graphic image (usually invisible) on a web page or in an email. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on your computer such as cookies, the time and date a page is viewed, and a description of the page where the web beacon is placed. Web beacons are used to improve your experience on our Services, including helping provide you with content customized to your interests. They also help us understand whether users read email messages and click on links contained in those messages so that we can deliver relevant content and offers. Our web beacons may collect some contact information (e.g., the email address associated with an email that contains a web beacon).
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our websites. They enable you to move around the sites and use their features. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our websites.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our websites when they are using them. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how our websites and applications work. We use third-party analytics companies on our websites to collect and process certain usage data, including Google Analytics.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. These cookies allow a site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide more enhanced, personal features.
- Advertising cookies and web beacons. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. They are used to (1) deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests; (2) limit the number of times you see an advertisement; (3) help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign; and (4) understand people’s behavior after they view an advertisement. We will use this information in an effort to make our websites and Services, and the advertising displayed on them, if any, more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the categories of Personal Information collected about you to enhance our Services and your customer experience and for the purposes described below:
- Managing our relationship with you, including communicating with you and responding to your communications;
- Providing you with your requested Services and customer support;
- Processing payments or refunds for the Services;
- Complying with third-party contracts;
- Complying with our legal or regulatory obligations and managing potential litigation;
- Helping you efficiently access your information after you sign-in;
- Remembering information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Services;
- Providing personalized content and information to you and others, which could include marketing and promotional offers, online ads or other forms of marketing;
- Providing, improving, testing, and monitoring the effectiveness of the Services;
- Developing and testing new products and features;
- Monitoring metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; or
- Diagnosing or fixing technology problems.
We may use Personal Information for any purpose otherwise allowed by applicable law. We may also make use of all information acquired through the Services that is not Personal Information, such as aggregate data.
WE USE GOOGLE ANALYTICS AND OTHER ANALYTICS TOOLS
We use Google Analytics and other analytics providers to collect information about how users interact with our websites. We use the data obtained through Google and other analytics providers to understand how users interact with our websites so that we can improve our Services. The information collected for this purpose (including your IP address or other information collected by automated means, like cookies) will be disclosed to or collected directly by the analytics providers.
To learn more about Google’s privacy practices and any opt-out choices Google Analytics offers, visit: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may share your personal information with the following third parties or service providers for the purposes described below:
- Your or your child’s camp, in order to coordinate and provide you with the Services, and to help us improve the Services.
- We may either employ or partner with third-party companies for the purposes of advertising, facilitating, or enhancing our Services. In order for these third-party companies to carry out their services, your Personal Information and other data collected may be shared with these third-party companies (including, without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of our Services).
- We may employ partners or third-party companies to process payments, refunds and to assist with collections.
- We may utilize third-party call centers to respond to your inquiries and Services-related requests.
- We may engage with independent contractors to carry out Services on our behalf, such as independent contractor drivers we may hire from time to time to delivery orders. In order for the independent contractors to complete Services, your Personal Information may be shared with them to the extent necessary to carry out Services.
- Government, courts, and law enforcement – We will access, preserve, and share any information about you, without your consent, to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if we, in good faith, believe it is necessary or appropriate to do so to respond to claims and legal process (including, but not limited to, subpoenas), to comply with applicable laws, to protect the property and rights of Door-va-Door Trucking, you or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to pose a risk of being, or is illegal, unethical or legally actionable. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; protect the legal rights and property or safety of ourselves, you or others, including as part of investigations; and prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prev
5. DATA SECURITY AND RETENTION
We care about the safety and security of your information, and are committed to protecting it. We have adopted technical, administrative, and physical security measures to help protect your information from loss, interference, misuse, unauthorized access, alteration, and disclosure. We have also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While We will take reasonable steps to protect your information, We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Us. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data while you are on the Internet. At a minimum, We encourage you to make sure that you are using a secure browser as you surf the Internet. Please refer to the websites of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission for information on how to protect yourself from identity theft.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
6. PRIVACY PROTECTIONS FOR CHILDREN
Door-va-Door Trucking’s websites and Services are intended for adults only and are not specifically directed to children under the age of thirteen (13). Door-va-Door Trucking does not knowingly collect personal information from persons under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information online without parental consent, we will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from our databases and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required or allowed by law). If you become aware of any personally identifiable information we have collected from children under thirteen 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Minors under 18 years of age may have the Personal Information that they provide to us through the Door-va-Door Trucking Services deleted by sending an email requesting deletion to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that, while we make reasonable efforts to comply with such requests, deletion of your personal information does not ensure complete and comprehensive removal of that data from all systems.
7. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
Please feel free to contact us if you wish to amend or update your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
You may also request that we delete any personal information we have collected about you. We will delete your personal information if we have no other no other legal ground or purpose to retain it.
You may also submit questions or comments using the postal address listed below:
Door-va-Door Trucking, LLC
PO Box 278
Maple Shade, NJ 08052
Attn: Privacy Office